Tuesday 16 October 2012

Sephora, huge disapointment

I know, don't tell me, you won't like this :
Sephora can't be considered a Cruelty Free brand no more.

They do sell their home brand in China.
The law in that country makes animal testing on cosmetics mandatory.

You may see the chinese Sephora website here.
If the language scares you, you may look in the Sephora international website that they are doing business in China

I did take off Sephora from my Cruelty Free list.

I'm also taking off other brands that were considered as Cruelty Free but are now sold through Sephora in China :

Amazing Cosmetics
Benefit
Clarins
Clinique
Hello Kitty
Paco Rabanne
Talika

Also, Makeup Forever,which did not want to confirm if they are or are not doing animal testing (that's always bad sign) is being sold in China by Sephora...
You know what this means...

Now, Sephora still sells many Cruelty Free brands that are not always easy to find elsewhere. For instance SpaRitual, Illamasqua, etc.

Refusing to buy from Sephora store might seem to be the thing to do, but think that looking at things like that, you would also have to stop shopping at Jean Coutu or Pharmaprix since they're selling L'Oréal products...

But that's your choice.
On my part, if a product is available elsewhere, I'll buy elsewhere!

Peta is working hard with China scientists to change the animal testing law.
I hope from the bottom of my heart that this will happen really soon.
If it doesn't work out, I don't know what will stop animal testing.

No comments:

Post a Comment